Friday, February 4, 2011

Arts Congress 2011


On Monday I am going to Phoenix for the Arizona Citizens Actions for the Arts "Arts Congress 2011".  Arts Congress is an annual advocacy day, which takes place at the Arizona State Capitol on the first Monday in February. I will have the opportunity to speak to our legislators and tell them why I support the arts and how the arts have made a difference in my life.

  I'm so excited to be able to express my passion for the arts to politicians who are in charge of designating money and resources to the arts.   These are the things that they have asked us to focus on.


1.    Restore the $116,000 sweep from the Arts Trust Fund, dollars designated by the business
community to publicly support Arizona’s arts industry. Sweeps to dedicated funds are just wrong.

2.    Support the Governor’s Budget with the exception of cuts to the Arts Trust Fund.

3.    Make no more cuts to the arts.  The arts budget has been cut more than 60% over the past few years.


  What do you think?  Do you agree with these points?

See you on Tuesday, with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment